2020 Outdoor Season update

The U9-U18 divisions continue to anticipate a 2020 outdoor season which will likely involve a delayed start to the season of play and play extended into the summer months.

CYSA and the broader soccer community are preparing to resume play quickly once given the green light to resume activities. Further updates on the season of play for U9 to U18 teams will continue to be updated as that information becomes available through our governing bodies.

House league or mini soccer players U3 to U8 however play a unique format with unique needs that places 200+ people on an individual field at a time. With the current situation concerning Covid-19 and social distancing, offering a safe experience, under regular season conditions, does not seem possible.

Out of an abundance of caution this has prompted CYSA to make the difficult decision to cancel the house league season of play for the 2020 spring season. A refund will automatically be issued to those U3 to U8 players registered. We must ask for your patience as the administrative needs to process such an unprecedented volume of refunds may take 4 to 6 weeks to complete.

Our focus for these ages will now go into developing a summer program which will be better able to address the unique concerns of house league play in relation to Covid-19 precautions. We are hopeful that a summer session which allows us to better protect players and their families alike can be organized and implemented.

An update on the possibility of a summer session for house league will be posted by early to mid-June on our website Charleswoodsoccer.com and on our Facebook page. Depending on the timeline of a return to play we hope to get all ages of players back out onto the field as quickly as possible.

We thank you for your continuing patience and hope that you each stay safe and healthy.

Take Care,
Erin Beyko
President-Charleswood Youth Soccer Association

Covid-19 Message

A message to all CYSA families,

With the COVID-19 situation continuing to evolve on a daily basis many are asking what to expect for the 2020 outdoor soccer season. At this time no decisions have been made and so we are asking for your patience as we await further direction.

The health and safety of our players, team officials, volunteers and families is of the utmost importance to CYSA and we will follow all recommendations as issued by Health Canada and/or our governing bodies. We remain cautiously optimistic and are continuing to organize and plan for the upcoming season of play while also planning to address any possible contingencies should the season need to be adjusted, shortened or cancelled in its entirety.

Updates will be sent by email to all registrants as well as posted to our Facebook page as more information becomes available. Please be assured that we are continuing to assess the situation as it evolves. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.

Take Care,
Erin Beyko
President-Charleswood Youth Soccer Association

2020 Outdoor Registration

Outdoor registration begins on February 20, 2020.
Register on-line: Register
More information HERE